When you visit your doctor and he recommends you have a radiological scan (MRI, CT, PET, X-Ray, Ultrasound etc), you will receive a script. Your doctor will often make a recommendation where you should go for the scan. In some cases, your physician may belong to a medical group or hospital that owns the imaging center to where you are being referred and there is an economic benefit to your physician’s group or hospital to do your scan. Please be aware that you are not mandated to go where your doctor recommends on the script. You have the RIGHT TO CHOOSE where to be scanned.
So how do you base your decision on where to go?
Choose Capitol Imaging Services. Here’s why:
- Capitol Imaging Services has our primary concern in your well-being and to provide up to date equipment and accurate reports. Many other outpatient centers are owned and directed by business people or non-radiologist physicians with little or no medical imaging knowledge and experience.
- A board certified Capitol Imaging Services radiologist will interpret your images. They know the equipment on which you will be scanned. They set the protocols for the scanner so it’s configured to the optimal settings for your particular problem. Many hospitals contract with outside radiologists or out-source the interpretations to non local radiologists who have little or no control of equipment choice or the quality process of the scans. The scan protocols are often the same regardless of your diagnosis.
- Many of our radiologists are sub-specialists. This means that there are specific radiologists for musculoskeletal (bone and joint), neurological (brain, spine, and ENT), body (chest, abdomen, and pelvis), and breast cases. Most other imaging centers send their scans to general radiologists or radiologists who don’t specialize in your particular problem. Wouldn’t you want your images read by a sub-specialist radiologist with experience and an interest in your area of concern? A radiologist that exclusively interprets a large number of scans from the same body area of where your problem is located is far more likely to diagnose your problem and generate a more meaningful report for your physician. Ask your physician who will be interpreting your scan.
- Our systems (modalities) are all certified by the ACR (American College of Radiology). We are also strong supporters of the Image Gently and Image Wisely campaigns for safety in medical imaging. Other imaging centers have older machines with less than optimal image quality. Many are unable to obtain the ACR standard of quality. Financial constraints often prevent them from upgrading.
- For specialized MRI exams, Capitol Imaging Services offers high definition 3T MRI that provides extremely high resolution in cases where image clarity is paramount. Your scan will have better detail and performed faster than less powerful MRIs. Experts agree that certain neurological, musculoskeletal, body, and prostate MRI scans are best performed on a 3T MRI. Ask your physician the type of MRI scanner to which you are being referred. At Capitol Imaging Services, you have choices.
- For patients that may be claustrophobic within an MRI scanner, Capitol Imaging Services several open MRI systems. For an MRI, an important component to a quality exam is that the person undergoing the MRI is as relaxed and comfortable as possible. An open MRI is often the best choice for people who may approach an MRI with anxious, worried or nervous feelings. The open design usually results in people being more calm during their exam, resulting in the type of images needed for the radiologist to review.
- Capitol Imaging Services offers comprehensive women’s health imaging from 3D mammography to ultrasound-guided breast biopsy. We have a center in Metairie, LA that has received a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence designation from the ACR. From breast MRI to bone density studies, tens of thousands of women place their trust in us for their screening and diagnostic exam needs.
- We have contracts with the largest number of insurance companies so we are more likely to accept your insurance than any other imaging center in the area. Many other imaging centers won’t accept your insurance and will require you to pay for your scan out of pocket. Also, frequently your out of pocket expenses will be less at Capitol Imaging Services. For those patients who have no insurance or prefer not to use their insurance, we have very affordable self pay rates.
- At many hospitals and imaging centers, if you try to schedule your appointment for a scan you may have to wait weeks before you can get an appointment. During this time, your health may not be getting any better and you are waiting for answers. We will make every effort to book your appointment the same day or next day depending on the prep involved for your exam and if your insurance requires time to obtain authorization. We can accommodate your schedule — including Saturday morning appointment opportunities at select centers.
Click the green REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT button (above right) to send us an email requesting assistance. A Capitol Imaging Services associate will contact you to arrange your visit.
Capitol Imaging Services is doctor trusted and patient preferred.